Fire Destroys Buildings, Campers, Vehicles

FOUR OAKS – An early morning fire caused extensive property damage at a Four Oaks area home. Shortly before 1:00am Friday, fire crews responded to a building fire in the 100 block of Holley Road off Keen Road.

Fire personnel found a garage fully engulfed in flames. The Four Oaks, Blackman’s Crossroads and Strickland’s Crossroads Fire Departments had the blaze under control in 15 minutes.

Johnston County Fire Marshal Adam Stanley said the owner was awakened by a loud boom and looked outside and saw the fire. A Ford F-250 truck, Jeep Wrangler, boat, two campers, lawnmower and a UTV along with the buildings were destroyed.

Fire investigators were able to determine the fire originated in the garage near an electrical outlet the campers were plugged into. The cause of the fire was due to an electrical failure.

No injuries were reported.


Comments are closed.