Red Cross Assisting 4 People Following Fire At Clayton Apartment Complex

Around six o’clock this morning, the Clayton Fire Department was dispatched to a fire at an apartment complex in the 700 block of S. Moore Street.

Smoke was showing as the first units arrived on the scene. Inside, firefighters found a small fire in an upstairs bathroom. Crews quickly put out the fire and began ventilating the apartment to get the smoke out.

No one was hurt, but several residents were checked out for smoke inhalation at the scene by Johnston County EMS. None of the residents required transport to the hospital.

The Clayton Fire Marshal is investigating what sparked the fire.

The American Red Cross responded to assist one adult and three children.