School Briefly Evacuated Following Minor Electrical Incident

SMITHFIELD – Students and faculty were evacuated from Smithfield Middle School on Buffalo Road following a very minor electrical incident.   An electrical outlet inside a classroom began smoldering and reportedly caught fire around 12:10pm Friday.   

As a precaution, the school was evacuated. 

The Smithfield Fire Department responded to scene.  

No injuries were reported.     

According to JCPS, proper fire drill procedures were followed and all students exited the building. The fire department cleared the room, and allowed students to return to the building. Students from that classroom were returned to the media center to allow an electrician to evaluate the situation.

3 COMMENTS

Comments are closed.