Assistance Available Starting May 17, 2021
Johnston County Government has been awarded a CARES Act for the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) to assist Johnston County citizens who qualify with mortgage, rent, electric, water and heating fuel such as LP Gas, Natural Gas and Fuel Oil. The maximum benefit per household will not exceed $2000 for the duration of the grant.
The Johnston County Department of Social Services will begin taking applications for those who qualify. The eligibility criteria is as follows:
- Households must meet CDBG HUD Low/Moderate Income levels and income verification is required. To be eligible to participate in the program, you must meet the following HUD very-low (50%) Income Limits:
- Be a U.S. or qualified immigrant;
- Must be a permanent resident of Johnston County;
- In order for rent or mortgage to be paid, you must have a minor child under of the age of 18 living in the home on a permanent basis or living with a relative/non-relative who has legal custody;
- Available cash resources must not exceed $2,250.00, including bank accounts. Verifications such as bank statements will be required;
- Expense verification from Utility Company, Landlord or Mortgage Company that no person or organization has authorized payment for whatever is needed to prevent homelessness or service disconnection.
The Johnston County Department of Social Services will begin taking applications on Monday, May 17th, 2021 for those who qualify by phone at 919-989-5320. Leave your name and phone number and someone will return your call to assist you through the application process.