Smithfield – The Johnston County Public Health Department has provided the following data as of 4:00pm today:
- Confirmed positive cases – 49
- Currently hospitalized – 13
- Average age of positive cases – 54
- Deceased – 3 (reports of a 4th case have not yet been confirmed)
- Gender – female 51% and male – 49%
In addition, Public Health staff assisted a long-term care facility with an outbreak by testing 28 Springbrook employees.
Data contained in this release is subject to change as cases are investigated and additional testing is performed.
To stay up to date on COVID-19 in North Carolina, visit ncdhhs.gov/coronavirus or text COVIDNC to 898211. Call 2-1-1 (or 888-892-1162) for general questions or for help finding human services resources in your community.