Growth in Johnston County continues at a rapid pace.
According to the Johnston County Planning Department, 73 subdivision plats were recorded in 2017 representing 1,461 lots.
In 2016 there were actually more subdivisions approved – 93 – but with 1,246 lots.
In 2015, 88 subdivisions were approved with 1,052 building lots, according to Planning Director Berry Gray.
Six additional subdivision requests will go before the Johnston County Planning Board at their Tuesday, Jan. 16th meeting representing a total of 374 lots.
On the agenda for the meeting include requests for:
- 219 lots on 232 acres of land in the Beverly Subdivision on Reedy Creek Road near Lassiter Road in the Elevation Township
- 55 lots on 62.27 acres in the Byrd Tract Subdivision on Cleveland Road near Polenta Road in the Cleveland Township
- 51 lots on 82.6 acres in Carriage Creek Phase 6-B on Cleveland Road near Polenta Road in the Cleveland Township
- 35 lots on 59 acres in the Raleigh Road Tract Subdivision on Raleigh Road near Sanders Road in the Pleasant Grove Township
- 11 lots on 8.1 acres in Reed Landing on Old Eason Road near Covered Bridge Road in Wilders Township
- 3 lots on 6.3 acres in the Armie Strickland Subdivision on Buck Road near Highway 231 in O’Neals TownshipIn a related matter, the planning board is also expected to discuss growth-related strategies during Tuesday night’s meeting which begins at 6:00pm. The meeting is open to the public.