The annual Showcase of the Stars event, which features musical performances from schools across Johnston County, will be held on Saturday, March 9, at Smithfield-Selma High School.
According to event organizer and Executive Director of the Johnston County Education Foundation Brandy Crocker, the 2019 Showcase of the Stars will differ greatly from years past. The most significant changes include a change in location, event duration, and ticket sales.
The traditional venue for the event, Johnston Community College, is currently undergoing renovations, so this year’s Showcase has been relocated to Smithfield-Selma High School.
Showcase will also occur in one day, instead of a full weekend. The event will be broken down into four shows:
- 9:30AM Show – Corinth Holders, Smithfield-Selma, and South Johnston Areas (Archer Lodge Middle, Benson Elementary, Benson Middle, Corinth-Holders Elementary, Corinth Holders High, Four Oaks Elementary, Four Oaks Middle, Innovation Academy, Meadow School, Selma Elementary, Selma Middle, Smithfield Middle, Smithfield-Selma High, South Johnston High, South Smithfield Elementary, West Smithfield Elementary, and Wilson’s Mills Elementary)
- 1:00PM Show – Clayton Area (Clayton High, Clayton Middle, Cooper Academy, East Clayton Elementary, Powhatan Elementary, River Dell Elementary, Riverwood Elementary, Riverwood Middle and West Clayton Elementary)
- 4:00PM Show – Cleveland and West Johnston Areas (Cleveland Elementary, Cleveland High, Cleveland Middle, Dixon Road Elementary, McGee’s Crossroads Elementary, McGee’s Crossroads Middle, Polenta Elementary, Swift Creek Middle, West Johnston High, and West View Elementary)
- 7:30PM Show – North Johnston and Princeton Areas (Glendale-Kenly Elementary, Micro Elementary, North Johnston High, North Johnston Middle, Pine Level Elementary, Princeton Elementary, and Princeton Middle/High)
In addition, there will also be a special performance by the Smithfield-Selma High Percussion Theater at the conclusion of each show.
There will be no online ticket sales this year. Tickets are $15 each and can only be used for one show. Tickets will only be sold during presale week and one hour before each show. Tickets can be purchased at Grace Community Church located at 923 E. Booker Dairy Rd. in Smithfield on the following dates/times:
- Feb. 22, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Feb. 25-28, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- March 1, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Proceeds from the event help to fund Johnston County Education Foundation grants for Johnston County Public School teachers.