Candle Blamed In Mobile Home Fire

Benson Fire 2The Johnston County Fire Marshal’s Office says a candle is to blame for a mobile home fire in Benson.

The Benson, Elevation and Four Oaks Fire Departments responded to a 12:54pm 911 call reporting the fire in the 300 block of North Wall Street.  Crews arrived on the scene to find flames coming from a singlewide mobile home. 

Johnston County Fire Marshal Kevin Hubbard said a woman and her two teenage children were living in the home. They did not have power and were using a candle as a source for light. 

The Red Cross was called to the scene to assist the family of three.  The fire was ruled accidental, Hubbard said. 

No injuries were reported.  Photo by John Payne   Benson Fire 3