Johnston County Fire investigators have determined what started a fire this week at a Downtown Four Oaks business.
Around 9:35pm Tuesday, a Four Oaks police officer on routine patrol spotted smoke coming from the former location of Murray’s Pawn Shop at 103 East Wellons Street. Fire crews responded and had the blaze quickly contained.
On Friday, authorities announced the fire was started by unattended candles in a back room. Damage was estimated at $7,500 according to Deputy Fire Marshal Ryan Parker with Johnston County Emergency Services. Parker said the fire was ruled accidental.
Some smoke entered an adjacent building occupied by Johnston County EMS Logistics but it was not damaged.
No injuries were reported. Photos by JoCoFire.com