Children Escape From Tree House Fire

A fire that damaged a tree house this week has been ruled as an accident.

Firefighters and deputies responded to the blaze on Tuesday at an address on Thanksgiving Fire Road north of Selma.

Authorities said two children were in their tree house when one of them lit a candle for light and warmth.  The candle was too close to a curtain and accidentally set the tree house on fire. The tree house was damaged by the flames but the children got out unharmed.

No charges were filed and the case was closed.