The Johnston County Board of Commissioners has announced the date of their Annual Work Session. Commissioners will hold the daylong session on Friday, March 4th at the Johnston County Agricultural Building Auditorium located at 2736 NC Hwy 210, Smithfield.
Among the items on the agenda:
- Presentation from Dr. Michael L. Walden, PhD
- Annual County Financial Update, Budget Matters, and Future Capital Planning
- County/Judicial Facilities Space Needs
- Public Utilities Update
- Planning and Land Use Development Discussion
- Recreation/Mountains to Sea Trail Discussion
- County Aging Plan Draft
- Other Goals/Objectives to Meet Short and Long Term Needs
The meeting, which begins at 8:45am will be open to the public.