FOUR OAKS – CommWell Health and the Town of Four Oaks are partnering to offer anyone with symptoms or no symptoms COVID-19 drive-thru testing.
Two kinds of tests for COVID-19: viral tests and antibody tests.
- A viral test tells you if you have an active infection (nasal swab).
- An antibody test tells you if you had a previous infection (blood test).
The COVID-19 community testing event will take place this Thursday, May 28th to support efforts to keep the community safe and healthy as restrictions ease in North Carolina.
Date: Thursday, May 28, 2020
Time: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Location: Four Oaks Elementary School (Gymnasium Parking Lot)– 180 W. Hatcher St., Four Oaks, NC 27524 – drive-thru testing.
Payment: There is no out-of-pocket cost for insured or uninsured. If you have insurance, please bring your insurance card.
Who should attend: This testing event is available to anyone with symptoms or no symptoms.
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services has issued updated guidance on who should be tested for COVID-19:
- Anyone with symptoms suggestive of COVID-19
- Close contacts of known positive cases, regardless of symptoms
- Persons who live in or have regular contact with high-risk settings (e.g., long-term care facility, homeless shelter, correctional facility, migrant farmworker camp)
- Persons who are at high risk of severe illness (e.g., people over 65 years of age, people of any age with underlying health conditions)
- Persons who come from historically marginalized populations
- Health care workers or first responders (e.g. EMS, law enforcement, fire department, military)
- Front-line and essential workers (grocery store clerks, gas station attendants, etc.) in settings where social distancing is difficult to maintain