Fire crews rushed to 117 Lakeside Circle in the Willow Spring community just after 8:15pm. Firemen found heavy smoke and flames coming from the upstairs and the attic of the residence.
Officials put out the blaze but not before it caused an estimated $100,000 in damage. Several dogs and at least two snakes were rescued from the home without any injury.
Tammy Amaon, Public Information Officer with the JCSO, said a shirt was set on fire then placed in a closet. The fire then spread. Amaon said criminal charges would be forthcoming.