Family Loses Home While At Church

Fire-Selma-2A Johnston County family lost their belongings in a mobile home fire Sunday while they were at church.

The residents had not returned from church when Selma and Pine Level fire crews were dispatched to the fire in the 2100 block of Lizzie Mill Road around 1:30pm.  An alert neighbor, also a relative of the fire victims, saw the mobile home on fire and attempted to extinguish the flames but was not able to put out the fire. The neighbor was treated at the scene by paramedics but was not taken to the hospital.

Selma Fire Chief Phillip McDaniel said the fire was accidental and started in the kitchen where the stove was left on. 

The Red Cross is assisting the two victims displaced by the fire.  Photos by

Link To Video: