Family Of 6 Displaced By Fire

A candle is being blamed for starting a fire that displaced a family of six.  The fire was reported around 1:00 PM Monday at 11 Wiggs Road.

The Pine Level, Selma, and Micro Fire Departments responded to the scene and quickly contained the fire.  

No injuries were reported, however, two adults and 4 children living at the address were displaced. They are now being assisted by the Red Cross. No one was at home when the fire broke out.

Assistant Johnston County Fire Marshal Banks Wallace ruled the fire as an accident. Wallace said an unattended candle left in the residence caused the fire. The home was declared a total loss.