The family that plays together wins together. Seven lucky members of the Knudsen family can vouch for that. Together they won a $777,769 Carolina Cash 5 jackpot.
The family of seven purchased the lucky $1 Quick Pick ticket for the June 11 drawing at Taz’s on South Wilmington Street in Raleigh.
The Knudsen family claimed their prizes Thursday at lottery headquarters in Raleigh. They shared the $777,769 jackpot seven ways. After required state and federal tax withholdings, they took home the following:
- Karl Knudsen of Raleigh: $22,011
- John Knudsen of Raleigh: $88,044
- Karen Debnam of Raleigh: $88,044
- Kristin Koegel of Clayton: $88,044
- Katherine Knudsen of Cary: $88,044
- Kristoffer Knudsen of Raleigh: $88,044
- Kathy Knudsen of Raleigh: $88,044
Cash 5 is a statewide draw game that gives players the chance to win a jackpot every single night. Tickets cost $1 and players can buy tickets at most lottery retailers and through Online Play on the lottery’s website.