Fire Damages Doublewide Mobile Home

Four fire departments rushed to a burning doublewide mobile home on Monday.  The fire was reported on Old Pebble Lane outside of Kenly.

The Kenly, Pine Level, Princeton, and Nahunta Fire Departments responded to the scene and found the home on fire and filled with smoke. Crews quickly contained the blaze.

One occupant had to be treated by EMS at the scene for smoke inhalation but they were not transported to the hospital.

Johnston County Fire Marshal Adam Stanley said the fire was started by a malfunctioning HVAC unit.  The fire was ruled accidental.


Photos by John Payne