Fire Damages Johnston County Home

Fire NC39 1A Johnston County home was heavily damaged by fire Sunday afternoon.

Fire crews from Johnston and Wake counties responded to the 2:00pm alarm at 14546 Highway 39 North.

Johnston County Fire Marshal Kevin Hubbard said the fire started in the kitchen and was caused by unattended cooking. Damage was estimated at $15,000. Hubbard said the majority of the damage occurred in the kitchen area but heat and smoke damages the rest of the home, which was owned by Sue Langston.

The Antioch, Corinth Holders and Zebulon Fire Departments responded to the scene.

No injuries were reported. The Red Cross was called to the scene to three occupants who was displaced by the fire, Hubbard said.

Photos by