Eight people were displaced after a mobile home was destroyed Saturday afternoon.
Four adults and four children were living in the home, in the 120000 block of Highway 96 South, in the Meadow community outside of Benson.
A neighbor was helping the occupants heat up the internal temperature of the home in an attempt to rid the property of bugs. The fire started when a malfunction occurred while attempting to light a propane heater.
One person received minor burns trying to put out the fire. They were treated at the scene by EMS workers, but were not taken to the hospital.
Crews from the Meadow, Blackman’s Crossroads and Newton Grove Fire Departments responded.
Johnston County Fire Marshal Kevin Hubbard said the home was a complete loss. Photo courtesy JoCoFire.com.