Fire Destroys Benson Farmhouse

Several pets perished in a fire at a Benson farmhouse Wednesday night.

Fire crews responded to the house fire in the 600 block of Parrish Road near McGee’s Crossroads around 10:00pm. The home was fully engulfed in flames when they arrived.

No one inside the home was hurt but a litter of puppies died in the blaze.

The Red Cross is assisting the family who lost all of their belongings.

Johnston County Fire Marshal Adam Stanley said the fire was electrical related and was ruled accidental.

The 50-210, Elevation and West Johnston Fire Departments responded to the scene along with 50-210 EMS.   Photos courtesy