Fire Destroys Clayton Home

Photos courtesy
Photos courtesy

Firefighters responded quickly to a house fire Thursday night in Clayton.

Crews arrived around 11pm to find flames shooting through the roof of a two story house at 849 Corbett Road.

Two adults and one child barely escaped the flames without any injury.

Three additional fire departments were summoned to the scene to assist the Clayton Fire Department extinguish the fire.

The home was a complete loss. Officials believe a malfunctioning HVAC unit may have started the fire. Photos courtesy