Firefighter Injured Battling Johnston County House Fire

CLAYTON – A Johnston County firefighter was injured Wednesday while battling a house fire.

At 8:50am, the Cleveland, Clayton and Wilson’s Mills Fire Departments were dispatched to a house fire at 118 Folden Drive off Big Pine Road. A 911 caller reported flames through the roof of the home.

Fire crews arrived on scene and found a double wide modular home with fire coming through the roof and venting from the rear of the house. The blaze was contained in 55 minutes.

One firefighter was injured during the blaze when part of the roof came down on top of him. He was transported by Johnston County EMS to a local hospital to be treated for minor injuries. There was no one at home at the time.

Johnston County EMS provided on-scene rehab to the firefighters due to the rising temperatures.

The fire was investigated by the Johnston County Fire Marshal’s Office. Investigators ruled the blaze as accidental due to the fire starting inside the clothes dryer. The Fire Marshal’s Office would like to remind everyone of the importance of regular cleaning of their dryer vents and dryer exhaust piping.

Leave a Reply