Fundraiser To Benefit 6 Month Old Battling Cancer

Residents from Four Oaks and surrounding communities will come together this weekend for a fundraiser for a 6 month old with serious medical problems.

Bentley Dominquez, the infant son of Brandon and Felicia Dominguez, was born with abnormal kidneys and has to be on a dialysis machine every day.  He is in need of a life saving kidney transplant.

Adding to his medical issues, Bentley was diagnosed recently with liver cancer. He will return to Duke Medical Center on Monday, Nov. 13th so doctors can prepare him for surgery next Wednesday, Nov. 15th to remove a portion of his liver.

The family has medical insurance that covers 80 percent of the cost, but must pay the remaining 20 percent out of pocket.  The hospital has reportedly told the Dominguez family they must pay their 20 percent of the cost upfront.

To assist the family a Tractor and Truck Pull will be held this Saturday, Nov. 11th beginning at 12 Noon at 659 Tettersville Road near Four Oaks.  Admission is $8 for adults and $4 for ages 6 to 12.  Ages 6 and under will be admitted for free.  There will be antique, stock and hot rod tractors and pickups.

Organizers of the benefit will hold an auction at 3:00pm Saturday where cakes, baked goods, crafts and other donated items will be sold to the highest bidder.  Donations for the auction are still being accepted.

Financial donations can also be mailed to: Kidney for Bentley Fund, c/o SECU Bank, 925 Dogeye Road, Benson, NC  27504.

For more information about assisting Bentley and his family call Annette King at 919-963-3235, Jim Best at 919-796-2775 or Brad Gautier at 910-990-1239.