Grant Awarded To Smithfield Fire Department


The Smithfield Fire Department has been awarded a federal Assistance to Firefighters Grant.  The department will use the grant to install a vehicle exhaust removal system at Fire Station #2 at 1200 W. Market Street.
 
Air Cleaning Specialist of Raleigh will install the new system after being awarded a bid of $29,893.  The grant will pay for 95% of the cost. The Town of Smithfield will be required to pay the remaining 5 percent

Leave a Reply