Two adults and two children lost their home in an fire this morning (Wednesday) in rural Harnett County.
The fire was reported by a passerby around 8:30am on McKoy Town Road. No one was at home at the time.
Flames completely destroyed the single family residence.
Harnett County Chief Deputy Fire Marshal Banks Wallace said the fire was ruled unintentional. Investigators believe a mechanical failure in components associated with the HVAC unit in the attic sparked the blaze.
The Spout Springs, Benhaven, Fort Bragg, and Craines Creek Fire Departments responded.
No injuries were reported.