Heat Lamp Blamed For Mobile Home Fire

Fire-Dupree-Rd-2A mobile home was destroyed by flames Tuesday night.  The fire was reported around 9:00 pm in the 1200 block of Dupree Road in the Willow Spring community.

Fire crews from Wake and Johnston counties arrived to find the mobile home was fully engulfed in flames. Crews from the 50-210, Garner and Fuquay Varina Fire Departments battled the blaze before finally bringing it under control. Wake County EMS, the Johnston County Sheriff’s Office and Wake County Sheriff’s Office also responded.

Fire-Dupree-Rd-3Paul Whitehurst Assistant Director of Johnston County Emergency Services said the occupants were away from their home when the fire started. Officials believe a heat lamp on the back deck came in contact with combustibles sparking the blaze. Whitehurst said the fire was ruled accident.

The Red Cross is assisting the family who lost all of their belongings.  No injuries were reported. Photos by JoCoFire.com