Johnston County Commissioners approved the following appointments at their June 2021 meeting:
- Johnston County Jury Commission (2 year term) – Thomas L. Turnage was reappointed
- Library Board of Trustees (3 year term and unexpired term ending June 30, 2022): Megan Shaner was reappointed and Jeff Jennings was appointed
- Nursing Home / Adult Care Home Community Advisory Board (3 year terms): James Coleman, Beverly Hawkins, and Constance Moreno were reappointed
- Voluntary Agricultural District Advisory Board (3 year terms): Don Holloman and Cookie Pope were reappointed
- Pi-Le Fire Protection District Commission (2 year term): Jackie Wood was reappointed
- Juvenile Crime Prevention Council (2 year terms):Nakunda Everette was reappointed representing Substance Abuse Specialist; Lama Sinno representing Juvenile Defense Attorney; Tony Nazal representing Member of the Faith Community; Douglas Wayne Sorrell was reappointed representing General Public; Jackie Holloman Lee and James L. Spencer Jr. were appointed representing the General Public.
- Johnston Community College Board of Trustees (4 year term): Lynn H. Ragsdale was reappointed