Mobile Home Fire Blamed On Faulty Electrical Outlet

A fire we first told you about Wednesday that displaced a family of seven is now being blamed on an electrical outlet.

Around 8:44pm Tuesday night, flames heavily damaged a singlewide mobile home at 116 Switch Cane Lane north of Benson near McGee’s Crossroads.  Two adults and 5 children made it out unharmed.

Johnston County Fire Marshal Adam Stanley said the fire started in the laundry area of the home.  Stanley said the most probably cause was from an electrical outlet on the wall.  The cause was ruled accidental.

The family lost all their belongings. The Red Cross is now assisting them with a temporarily place to live.

Photos by John Payne