A new search was conducted Wednesday for Cole Thomas, the 22 year-old Florida man who has been missing for nearly a year.
Benson Police Chief Kenneth Edwards said new information was developed in the ongoing investigation into Cole’s disappearance that prompted Wednesday’s new search efforts.
Members of the Benson Police Department, NC State Bureau of Investigation, and other law enforcement agencies conducted the search in selected area of Benson.
Police said citizens should not be alarmed by the increased law enforcement presence in Benson today.
Thomas was reported missing on November 25, 2016 to Benson Police. He has not been seen since then.
Four people have been charged with obstruction of justice or concealing his death, but Cole’s body has never been found.
The defendants, Jeremy Brian Carpenter, 42, of Taylor Falls, Minnesota; Julian Valles Jr., 34, of Dudley; Anthony Ridell James, 26, of Mt. Olive; and Rudolfo DeLeon Jr., 27, of Mt. Olive are all awaiting trial.
In a last minute press release announcing the search, Chief Edwards said no information concerning the investigation would be discussed or released today.