Restaurant Damaged By Fire

Selma-Fire-2A fire damaged a restaurant building near Downtown Selma Tuesday afternoon. 

Just before 2:00 pm, the fire was reported at Alondra’s Restaurant on Pollock Street (US 301) near Noble Street.

The Selma and Smithfield Fire Departments responded to the scene to extinguish the fire. According to Selma Fire Chief Phillip McDaniel the blaze was caused by a large cooler plugged into an electrical outlet. The outlet overheated and caught fire.  Chief McDaniel said the fire, which caused about $15,000 in damage, was accidental.

No injuries were reported. Photos by