SMITHFIELD – The Johnston County Public School Board approved the following recommendations from Superintendent Dr. Eric Bracy at their June 14, 2022 regularly scheduled meeting:
Principal – Two-Year Contract (July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2024)
● Dondi Hobbs – Wilson’s Mills Elementary
● Lyndsey Dunn – McGee’s Crossroads Elementary
Central Administrator Contract Renewals – Two-Year Contract (July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2024)
● Amanda Allen – Executive Director of Student Services
● Faitha Batten – Executive Director of Federal Programs
● Elizabeth Dahlman – Executive Director of Secondary Education
● Kevin Daughtry – Director of Special Programs
● Charles Ferrell – Auxiliary Services and Safety Officer
● Sonya Grice – Benefits Director
● Kathy Hamilton – Director of Testing
● Kathleen McLamb – Executive Director of Support Services
● Tracey Peedin Jones – Employment Systems Administrator
● Mogie Reddy – Director of Classified Personnel
● Carla Withrow – Executive Director of Certified Personnel
Central Administrator Contracts
● Tol Avery – Safety and COVID-19 Response Manager (July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023)
● Janelle Bishop – Director of Professional Learning (July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2024)
● Laura Makey – Title I Administrator (July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2024)
● Jennifer McClure – Interim Executive Director of Exceptional Children (July 1, 2022 – TBD)
● Kristy Stephenson – Accountability and Program Officer (July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2024)
Central Administrator Contract Extension (July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2025)
● Patty Whittington – Area Assistant Superintendent
Superintendent’s Announcement / Transfer (Effective July 1, 2022)
● Stephanie Leonard – Principal, McGee’s Crossroads Elementary to Interim Principal, Micro Elementary
● TJ Parrish – Principal, Micro Elementary to Principal, Four Oaks Elementary
So sad to see Mrs Leonard is no longer at McGees crossroads elementary. She is an amazing principal! She will be missed there for sure. Micro is lucky to have her. It would be nice if McGees kept a principal for longer than a few years! Since my family started K there in 2015 this will be the 5th principal change! Kids and teachers need stability, I’m glad we no longer go there but still loved that staff!
What about south Smithfield something needs to happen two children being abused at the school is grounds to look at the staff as a whole.
Something did happen, charges were filed, the guilty party lost their job. Are you saying the entire staff is responsible for one idiotic person?
McGees, you will LOVE Mrs. Dunn. She is a ray of sunshine!! She wants the best for students and is super supportive of the staff!!
I am so glad to hear that! We have had our share of bad ones since Mr weekly left, except for Mrs Leonard.
Jen Wray I’m not saying that and i know what was going on my child was in the classroom, im talking about the not cooperating with the investigation im talking about how she did not lose her job she transferred schools. Im talking about what if it was your child and they refused to give up information to the police.
What does the Safety and COVID 19 Response manager actually do? Why didn’t they have this position for all other health related issues? Or did they?
Comments are closed.