By: Scott Bolejack
The Johnston County Board of Education on Tuesday made a number of appointments to school advisory councils. They are listed below by school.
- Archer Lodge Middle School — Melissa Gibson of Jonas Circle, Clayton, who has been a volunteer at the school and at River Dell Elementary.
- Meadow School — Suzanne Beasley of Godwin Lake Road, a parent; Brenda Jernigan of Goose Hole Road, a longtime PTO volunteer; Karla Parnell of Allie Cooper Road, who has been a volunteer and test proctor; and Brandy Strickland of South Wall Street, a parent and PTO volunteer.
- Micro Elementary School — Michael Massey of U.S. 301 North, a small-business owner who has a daughter in second grade at the school.
- Princeton Elementary School — Antwan Lee Short of Camden Place Street, a parent, PTA member and library volunteer.
- West Johnston High School — Jeff Wood of Honeycutt Road, Willow Spring, a parent.
- West Smithfield Elementary School — Stephanie Worley of U.S. 70 East, a parent and volunteer.