Smithfield Sidewalks Approved

The Town of Smithfield will partner with the NC Department of Transportation to install sidewalks along the newly constructed extension of Kellie Drive in North Smithfield.  Kellie Drive will be extended from Booker Dairy Road in front of Smithfield Selma High to a new intersection to the north on Buffalo Road.

The NC DOT has agreed to install 5 foot sidewalks on both sides of the Kellie Drive extension and will pay for 70 percent of the cost. The Smithfield Town Council voted Nov. 14th to fund the remaining 30%.

The total cost of the sidewalks is $159,554 with the DOT paying $111,688 and the Town of Smithfield $47,866.