Teen Seriously Burned By Grease Fire

An early Sunday morning fire sent an 18-year old victim to the UNC Burn Center in Chapel Hill.

Selma Fire reported that the girl had been cooking when a grease fire broke out at her home on Primrose Street.  She attempted to put it out but was burned in the process.

Her brother came to her rescue and got her out of the smoky house and onto the porch before firefighters arrived.

The home suffered fire damage to the kitchen and smoke damage throughout.  Photos by John Payne