To improve bicycle and pedestrian safety across the state, the NC Department of Transportation is partnering with communities from the mountains to the coast as part of Watch for Me NC.
Seven new municipal partners have been selected for the program in 2018.
• Alexander County
• Clayton (Johnston County)
• Fayetteville (Cumberland County)
• Forest City (Rutherford County)
• Franklin (Macon County)
• Hendersonville (Henderson County)
• Spindale (Rutherford County)
As campaign partners, these communities will receive printed materials and media advertisements to help improve public awareness for bicycle and pedestrian safety, as well as specialized police officer training.