BENSON – A singlewide mobile home was destroyed by flames Sunday night. Around 7:40pm, the fire was reported at 971 T-Bar Road, Lot 8 in the Meadow community.
The Meadow, Benson, and Blackman’s Crossroads Fire Departments arrived to find heavy flames coming from the home. Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the blaze.
Two adults were inside the home at the time. Both were able to escape. Five dogs perished in the fire but two others were able to escape.
The Red Cross was called to assist four adults who were living at the address.
The Johnston County Fire Marshal’s Office ruled the blaze accidental. Fire investigators said the fire started in the kitchen area behind the stove due to an electrical failure in the stove outlet.
SEVEN dogs in a singlewide trailer. Holy moly.
Comments are closed.