Friday, April 19, 2024

State Budget Impasse Holding Up $39 Million For Johnston County

Without a new state budget in place, millions of dollars in funding for residents of Johnston County is being held up in Raleigh. A resolution...

Car Deal Too Good To Be True

A Smithfield man was looking on the internet last week for a used car and saw a Facebook Marketplace ad that caught his eye....

Student Exhibits At Berkeley Mall Highlight Educational Programs

Over the next two weeks, projects from hundreds of students across Wayne County Public Schools (WCPS) will be exhibited at Berkeley Mall in Goldsboro....

Author Eve Rizzo Visits CCCC

Listening to Eve Rizzo discuss her book, “Clarrie Hancock,” it’s easy to get absorbed into the engaging stories she tells and lose track of...

You Decide: Could a Virus Take Down the Economy?

By Dr. Mike Walden I’ve recently been asked a new question about the economy when I speak to groups and organizations. It’s a question I...

Protest Seeks New County Commission Primary Election

Complaint: Illegal Voter Guide Could Have Changed Outcome Of Race Decided By 47 Votes SMITHFIELD - A formal protest has been filed at the Johnston...

Johnston County Social Service Worker Received Kickbacks, Defrauded Clients

An employee at the Johnston County Department of Social Services in Smithfield was arrested Thursday on fraud and obstruction of justice charges.  The Johnston...

House Approves $8.3 Billion Emergency Spending Package In Response To Coronavirus

Trump Administration announces sweeping new guidelines for nursing homes The House of Representatives Wednesday approved an $8.3 billion emergency funding package to combat the COVID-19...

Appeals Court Denies Case Dismissal

Harnett County deputies named in an excessive use of force lawsuit lost their appeal Feb. 25th to have the case dismissed. A federal judge initially...

Attempted Church Break-In Reported

A burglar alarm likely scared away a would be intruder at a Johnston County church.  Around 12:50pm Saturday, Feb. 29th, a burglar alarm activated at...