Sunday, May 19, 2024

Deleted Files, Inflated Invoices, Fraud Allegations Uncovered In More Mistakenly Released JCS Emails

A Public Records Request by a candidate running for the Johnston County Board of Education has revealed more troubling allegations against Johnston County School...

Pivotal Time For Johnston County Public Schools

Op-Ed By: Rick Mercier Candidate for Johnston County Board of Education As we kick off Public Schools Week, we find ourselves in a pivotal time for...

Housing Permits Up In 2019

Johnston County issued more than double the number of housing permits in 2019 compared to just 5 years ago.  The trend is expected to continue...

CCCC Will Host Free College Tuition Open House In Harnett County

LILLINGTON — Central Carolina Community College will host a free college tuition open house for high school students and their parents at 5:30 p.m....

Funds Approved To Replace Damaged Greenway Bridge

The Smithfield Town Council has agreed to replace a damaged bridge on the Buffalo Creek Greenway. During the February meeting of the Smithfield Town Council,...

You Decide: Why Do We Have Property Taxes?

By Dr. Mike Walden Sometimes we receive news that is both good and bad. I did recently when I was informed of the new tax value...

Social Security Matters – Will Selling Large Asset Affect Wife’s Social Security?

by AMAC Certified Social Security Advisor Russell Gloor Association of Mature American Citizens Ask Rusty – Will Selling Large Asset Affect Wife’s Social Security? Dear Rusty: If I...

Troop 360 Honors First Eagle Scout

Chartered in October 2017, Boy Scout Troop 360 of Four Oaks proudly honored their very first Eagle Scout Jacob Thomas Lee of Four Oaks...

Professional Development Grant Application Open To Artists

The Professional Development Grant for Artists application is now open until March 31, 2020. The grant - also known as the Regional Artist Project...

JCC Nursing Program Ranked #2 In North Carolina

Johnston Community College has been ranked the second highest nursing school program in North Carolina in 2020 by RegisteredNursing.org in its 4th Annual Nursing...