Saturday, May 18, 2024

School Board Candidates Divided On When A New Superintendent Should Be Hired

A number of candidates running for the Johnston County Board of Education want the current school board to wait until after the November general...

Students Arrive To Classrooms With No Heat

A number of elementary school students arrived at their classrooms this morning (Tuesday) only to find there wasn't any heat. It happened at Four...

Truck Wheels May Have Sparked Grass Fire On Interstate

Dual wheels off a tractor trailer may have sparked a grass fire this afternoon (Tuesday) on Interstate 95 in Johnston County.   The Smithfield Fire Department...

County Approves 500,000 Gallon Archer Lodge Water Tank Loan

Johnston County will seek a low interest loan from the NC Department of Environmental Quality - Division of Water Infrastructure to pay for the...

David Hall Named Market Executive With KS Bank

David L. Hall, Jr. has been named Wake County Market Executive and Commercial Relationship Manager for KS Bank.  Hall is responsible for growing KS Bank...

Carolyn Ennis Honored For Service

Carolyn Ennis was honored by Mayor Andy Moore and members of the Smithfield Town Council this month.  Ennis was a member of the Public Library...

High School Teacher Publishes Book

A local teacher has published a book that's now available for purchase.  Throwing Moses under the Bus: A High School English Teacher Looks at...

Charles B. Aycock High School Principal Announces Retirement

After more than four decades serving in public education, Charles B. Ayock High School principal, Dr. Earl Moore has announced that he will soon...

Ask Rusty – When Should I Claim My Widow’s Benefit?

Dear Rusty: My husband passed away at the age of 52, and I was 53. I am currently 59. I've read about and been...

Johnston County School Bus Involved In Accident

A public school bus carrying students to Cooper Academy in Clayton was involved in an accident this morning (Friday) on N. Fayetteville Street. Emergency crews...