Thursday, March 28, 2024

Social Security Matters – About Survivor Benefits, My Own Benefits and Taxes

by AMAC Certified Social Security Advisor Russell Gloor Association of Mature American Citizens Ask Rusty – About Survivor Benefits, My Own Benefits and Taxes Dear Rusty: I am...

Superintendent Asks Commissioners For $8.8 Million In Funding

Commissioners Question "Where does this end?" "Too Many People At Central Office? Johnston County Public Schools Interim Superintendent Dr. Jim Causby appeared before Johnston County Commissioners...

Davis Files For District 1 County Commission Seat

Late-Thursday, Michelle Pace Davis of Archer Lodge filed for the District 1 seat on the Johnston County Board of Commissioners.  The seat is being vacated by...

Penny Files For NC House District 28

This story has been updated. Click for here the latest update. SMITHFIELD - A McGee's Crossroads area resident filed Friday for the NC House District...

Garner Elected Officials Sworn In for New Terms

Mayor Ken Marshburn (pictured) was sworn in to his new office during the Dec. 2 Garner Town Council meeting. That same evening, Council Members Demian...

Runaway Juvenile From Wisconsin Found Safe In Johnston County

A 14-year old runaway female was found safe at a Johnston County address near Benson. The juvenile was reported missing in August 2019 from Sun...

Smithfield Mayor And Council Members Take Oath

Smithfield Mayor Andy Moore and three town council members who won election in November received their Oaths of Office Tuesday night at the Smithfield...

Rev. Lee Colbert, First Baptist Church of Smithfield Recognized With ‘Partners in Protection Award’

Monday night, Johnston County Emergency Services representatives and Johnston County Commissioners recognized Pastor Lee Colbert and the First Baptist Church of Smithfield for their...

Harnett County Trio Sentenced On Federal Firearms Charges

This week, federal authorities announced the convictions and sentencing of three people from Harnett County on weapons charges.  United States District Judge James C. Dever...

Commissioner Tony Braswell Files For 5th Term

Johnston County Commissioner Tony Braswell of Pine Level officially filed this morning (Wednesday) for re-election.  Braswell is seeking his fifth term in office. "After much prayer,...