Thursday, April 25, 2024

Housing Starts Up 11 Percent In July

Building permits for new single family homes in Johnston County increased 11 percent in July, compared to numbers from a year earlier. The Johnston County...

Johnston Has Highest Tax Collection Rate Of All NC Counties

Johnston County had the highest collection percentage of ad valorem taxes of all counties in North Carolina during the 2017-2018 fiscal year.   Johnston County...

JCC Recognizes High School Equivalency & Adult High School Graduates

In 2018-19, 116 students earned their high school equivalency diploma and 21 students earned their adult high school diploma Johnston Community College hosted a summer...

Alison Gammage Named Executive Director Of My Kid’s Club

Selma - My Kid’s Club has named Alison Gammage as the new Executive Director. In her role, Gammage is responsible for managing the strategic...

WCC Dental Assisting Class Receives Pins

Wayne Community College recognized the 21 members of its Dental Assisting class of 2019 in a pinning ceremony held recently at the college. The annual...

Council Renames Park in Honor of Jackie Johns

A neighborhood park in Garner soon will be bearing the name of an iconic figure in the town’s history. In response to a remarkable citizen-led...

Social Security Matters- About Survivor Benefits

by AMAC Certified Social Security Advisor Russell Gloor Association of Mature American Citizens Ask Rusty – About Survivor Benefits Dear Rusty: I am looking for information on...

Highway 210 Residents Concerned About Wastewater Treatment Plant Being Built Near Their Homes

During a public hearing Monday night, Johnston County Commissioners modified a special use permit for a 623 acre parcel of land they own on...

New Charter School Set To Open

The anticipated opening of a charter school in Angier remains on schedule as students, staff and parents prepare for the first day of class...

Lee Bass To Join CCCC Men’s Golf Program

Lee Bass (seated, right), of Triton High School, has signed to join this year’s Central Carolina Community College men’s golf team. “Lee is a good...