Coats Police Officer Charged In 2025 Shooting Incident

Johnston County Report Photo by Thomas Honeycutt

HARNETT COUNTY, N.C. — A Coats police officer has been arrested and charged in connection with an officer-involved shooting that occurred last year at a convenience store in Harnett County.

The North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation announced Wednesday that Officer Ricardo Sylvester Anderson, 50, was taken into custody without incident at Charlotte-Douglas International Airport.

The arrest stems from a Nov. 28, 2025 shooting involving Anderson and Michael Ricardo Talamentes at the Speedway convenience store located at 338 N. McKinley St. in Coats.

According to the SBI, the preliminary investigation found Anderson shot Talamentes while attempting to take him into custody. Talamentes was transported to WakeMed in Raleigh for treatment of his injuries.

A Harnett County grand jury indicted Anderson on Monday on one count of assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury.

Following his arrest Wednesday, Anderson was processed at the Harnett County Detention Center and given a $25,000 bond.

The SBI said it launched the investigation at the request of the Coats police chief following the shooting.

Because the case remains active, the SBI said no additional details would be released at this time.


Discover more from JoCo Report

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

Leave a Reply