Fire Prompts Evacuation At Assisting Living Center

A kitchen fire forced the temporary evacuation of residents from Gabriel Manor Assisted Living in Clayton on Sunday afternoon.

The Clayton and Cleveland Fire Departments along with Johnston County EMS responded to the facility and found that the fire had been extinguished. However, there was smoke throughout the building.

Firefighters used ventilation fans to help remove the smoke from the building and residents were allowed back inside.  The kitchen was inspected by the Johnston County Health Department before being put back into use.

One resident received minor injuries when they fell. They were treated by paramedics at the scene.  Photos by JoCoFire.com

1 COMMENT

  1. Thank you Clayton and Cleveland Fire Departments for responding so quickly to this call at Gabriel Manor this past Sunday . I appreciate your response in helping solve this incident , and for a job Well Done ! My Mother is a resident there , and on her behalf , as well as the others there …… Thank you again for a job well done !

Comments are closed.