GoFundMe Page Established To Help House Fire Victims

The Johnston County Fire Marshal’s Office has determined the cause of a house fire that heavily damaged a home Friday afternoon. At the same time friends and neighbors of the victims have established an online account to raise money for the victims.

The Cleveland, Clayton and 50-210 Fire Departments battled the 4:00pm Friday blaze on Winding Oak Way off Cleveland Road for about an hour before it was brought under control.  Two adults and two children in the home were transported to Johnston Medical Center in Clayton for treatment of smoke inhalation.

County Fire Marshal Adam Stanley credited smoke alarms for alerting the family to the fire giving them time to escape.

Stanley said investigators have determined an improperly discarded cigar sparked the fire on an outside back deck. The fire then spread to the home.  The fire was ruled accidental.

An online fundraiser has been set up to help the Dyson family.