Multiple law enforcement agencies are searching for a man they believe is responsible for bank robberies in four counties in recent weeks. The latest robbery happened Friday afternoon at the Southern Bank at 101 W Second Street in Downtown Kenly.
Kenly Police Chief Josh Gibson said the suspect entered the bank around 5:15pm, approached a teller, implied he had a gun and demanded $20 and $100 bills. The suspect was very quiet during the hold up and several staff members didn’t realize a robbery had been committed until after he left, Gibson said. Even though a weapon was implied no gun was ever shown.
The suspect managed to get away but he was identified as 58 year-old Nathan Terry Bullock of Goldsboro. Chief Gibson said Bullock is also wanted in connection with bank robberies in Nash, Sampson and Wilson counties in recent weeks.
Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Nathan Terry Bullock is asked to contact their nearest law enforcement agency or dial 9-1-1.
The NC SBI and FBI have been notified about the robberies. No injuries were reported.