Friday, April 26, 2024

Dunn Sailor Promoted To Rank Of Petty Officer 1st Class

Joint Base San Antonio - Fort Sam Houston - Cryptologic Technician 2nd Class Michael Murray, of Dunn, NC, assigned to Navy Recruiting Station South...

Harnett Commissioner Sees Higher Home Value As One Key To Meet Growth

County is limited in what can One Harnett County commissioner believes one way for the county to match needed services, including schools, to the expected...

CCCC Foundation Golf Classic Coming To Harnett

DUNN – Golfers, grab your clubs for a day of fun and fellowship for a good cause as the Central Carolina Community College Foundation...

Social Security Matters – Why Did My Social Security Payment Go Down?

by AMAC Certified Social Security Advisor Russell Gloor Association of Mature American Citizens Ask Rusty – Why Did My Social Security Payment Go Down? Dear Rusty: Upon reading...

Johnston County Schools JoCo2020 Train Wreck: “A lot of icing, but no cake”

By: Kay Carroll Former Johnston County Board of Education Chairman and Candidate For School Board During the time I was on the Johnston County School Board,...

Sweepstakes Scam Costs Elderly Victim $3,500

An elderly woman lost $3,500 in a sweepstakes scam.  The 82 year-old victim told Smithfield Police she received an email indicating she had just won...

Smithfield Adopts New Dilapidated Building Rules

Beginning June 1, 2020, the owners of unoccupied commercial buildings in the Town of Smithfield will face new scrutiny.  At their February 4th meeting, members...

Early Voting Underway For 2020 Primary Election

One-stop early voting for the 2020 primary elections in Johnston County is underway.  Four early voting sites opened across Johnston County this morning (Thursday).  Turnout was...

Voter Suppression To Be Discussed At Heritage Commission Black History Event

The Johnston County Heritage Commission’s Black History Committee will stage a public forum entitled “The Fight to Vote: Re-examining Racism,” on Thursday, February 20th...

WJHS To Debut New ‘Wildcat Cafe’ Experience

West Johnston High School will debut the school’s new vision for the Wildcat Cafe on Friday, Feb. 14 at 10:45 a.m. The school will hold...