Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Smithfield Middle School 2nd Quarter Principal’s List And Honor Roll

6th Grade Principal’s List Aaliyah Brewer, Kenneth Camacho, Valery Davis Mendoza, Aeris Ebert, Ashley Fernandez Organista, Margo Grimes, Yoselin Guerrero-Zepeda, William Harris, Brianna Huff, Melanie...

Town Council Purchases 20 Acres For Future West Smithfield Park

Land Is Located Within 100 Year Floodplain The Smithfield Town Council has agreed to buy two adjacent 10 acre tracts of land for a future...

Johnston County Adopts Resolution Supporting Second Amendment

Johnston County Commissioners have joined a growing list of North Carolina counties who have gone on record in support of the Second Amendment to...

Bid Awarded For North Johnston Gym HVAC Improvements

The Johnston County School Board has approved a $274,726 contract for HVAC improvements at the North Johnston High School gymnasium. This is the first project...

WCC Presented Bellwether Finalist Award

For the second time in two years, Wayne Community College has been honored as a finalist for a Bellwether Award, a national citation that...

You Decide: Will The Trade Deals Benefit North Carolina?

By Dr. Mike Walden For the past two years, the US has been locked in international trade disputes – frequently called trade wars – with several...

Social Security Matters – What Happens To My Social Security If I Die At...

by AMAC Certified Social Security Advisor Russell Gloor Association of Mature American Citizens Ask Rusty – What Happens To My Social Security If I Die At...

Harnett County To Host Census Job Recruitment Event On February 10

The U.S. Census Bureau is recruiting over a thousand workers in Harnett County for temporary jobs in advance of the 2020 Census. The Atlanta...

Should Young(er) Adults Be Worried About Sodium?

By Cassidy Hobbs Hall Area Agent, Family and Consumer Sciences Johnston County Cooperative Extension I recently had a conversation with my nineteen-year-old brother about his extremely poor...

71st Annual Benson Chamber Banquet

The 71st Annual Benson Area Chamber of Commerce Banquet was one for the record books. Broadslab Distillery’s “The Barn” venue was packed Thursday evening...