Fire Destroys Selma Home

Fire-Selma-Watson-St-2A fire that destroyed a home in Selma Friday afternoon has been ruled accidental.

It took three fire department to bring a blaze a 305 West Watson Street under control.  The fire was reported around 4:00 PM.

The fire began in the rear of the residence and quickly spread. Two people were displaced by the fire. One person was at home at the time and received minor burns. They were treated at Johnston Health in Smithfield.

Assistant Johnston County Fire Marshal Banks Wallace said the fire started was electrical-related and was accidental.  The Red Cross is assisting the victims.

The Selma, Smithfield, and Pine Level Fire Departments responded to the scene. Selma EMS and Selma Police also stood by at the fire scene. Photos by