Household Appliance Started Residential Fire, Fire Marshal Says

Photo by Thomas Honeycutt

ANGIER – The Johnston County Fire Marshal’s Office has determined the apparent cause of a weekend fire that heavily damaged a home in the West Johnston community. The blaze, at 169 Sandee Drive, Angier, was reported to the Johnston County 911 Center around 2:20pm Saturday.

The West Johnston, Elevation, 50-210 and Angier Fire Departments arrived to find flames coming from the rear and roof of the home. The fire was quickly brought under control.

Fire investigators determined the blaze started from the dryer in the laundry room.

Photo by Thomas Honeycutt

“The Fire Marshal Division encourages everyone to only use their dryer while they are able to attend to it and after the lint trap has been cleaned. Also, don’t dry items that have come into contact with flammable liquids, cooking oils or greases. Those items should be air dried outdoors,” said Johnston County Fire Marshal Ryan Parker.

No one was at home at the time.

One adult was displaced from the residence. One cat inside the home perished.