Winners recognized for 2020 and 2019
Angier’s best of the best from 2020 were recognized in what ended up being a virtual event this year.
The Angier Chamber of Commerce held its 64th awards presentation March 30 with winners honored at staggered times at Anthem Church.
Shelby Blackmon, chamber executive director, said a video of the awards presentations will soon be available on the chamber’s Facebook page.
Business, woman and man of the year for 2020 were announced, as well as the winner of the R.H. Ellington Award. Since the awards banquet was canceled last year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, those recognized for 2019 also were officially honored during the presentation.
Winners received a plaque and a basket filled with various items.
The 2020 Angier Chamber President Jason Williams presented the following:
- 2019 Business of the Year — Brick & Mortar Grill (Jim and Lori Nicholson)
- 2020 Business of the Year — Sew There Quilts and More (Bonnie Glover)
Presented by 2021 Chamber President Sam Gregory:
- 2019 Man of the Year — Jesse Cann
- 2020 Man of the Year — Alan Coats
Presented by 2021 Board of Director Sheveil Harmon:
- 2019 Woman of the Year — Rachel Barnes
- 2020 Woman of the Year — the late Donna Adams
Accepting the award in honor of Adams, who passed away Feb. 4 due to complications caused by COVID-19, were her husband, Warren Adams; sons, Tim Adams and Chris Adams; and grandson, Jackson Adams.
Presented by 2021 Board of Director Debbie Ferrell Cann:
- 2019 R.H. Ellington Award — Angier Public Works (accepted by Jimmy Cook)
- 2020 R.H. Ellington Award — Angier Parks and Recreation (accepted by Derek McLean and Austin Yarbrough)
-Dunn Daily Record